• Lukas Gehrke
    June 14, 2017 at 8:54 am #577

Hello, this is Lukas from Germany, Leipzig!

I want to buy an Evasion frame (formerly known as ‘Evasion’), rohloff it and then go through all of Europe with it.

I am 190 cm and my legs are quite long. What size do you recommend? Will there be an XL Evasion?

Cheers

Dan @hobocross
    June 19, 2017 at 10:15 pm #699

Hey Lukas- fellow long-legged guy here but I’m quite a bit shorter and riding a XM size. I bet that standover height wouldn’t be a problem on the Large but you might want to measure your public bone height to be sure. Other than that, maybe you can measure the stack and reach of a bike that fits you well so you can see what adjustments you might need to make with stem or handlebars.

Alex Webb
    June 23, 2017 at 1:30 pm #749

I’m not sure if this is helpful but I’m the same height with similarly long legs. I ride a L Dreamer with 19.5 cm between the top of the seat post clamp and the top of my saddle.

Mark
    June 23, 2017 at 3:36 pm #750

Get the largest size they make. I am exactly 6′ tall (183cm) and the large fits me really well. If your legs are a few cm longer you’d still be fine, but probably just need a longer stem.

Lukas Gehrke
    July 6, 2017 at 8:13 am #800

Thank you all for your replies, I want to get one then as soon as they restock!
    @Dan your article on bikecounterculture.com is very helpful aswell, I´ll give the Jones Loop H-Bars a try as well

leodavut
    July 14, 2018 at 12:26 am #4651

Lukas, what Rohloff are you running? i dont know whether to get the rohloff for disc brake frames or the standard rohloff but get the paragon rohloff drop outs. please help!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.